Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: M&E Specialist, DRC
Department/Location: International Employment Opportunities/DRC
Reports To: COP
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: Managerial. Not eligible for overtime
USAID/Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) intends to solicit and award a contract to provide coordination, monitoring, evaluation, analytic, and research services for the Mission’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and a Joint Education Program between the USAID/DRC and the United Kingdom Government (represented by the U.K. Department for International Development [DFID]). For the purpose of this SOW, the Contractor will provide to USAID performance management services to monitor, evaluate, and assess implementation of the Mission’s CDCS. The Contractor will also provide coordination, monitoring, evaluation, analytic, and research services for the USAID/ DFID Joint Education Program. This position is open to Congolese nationals only.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead technical assistance related to monitoring and evaluation systems, performance management, theories of change and M&E Plans.
- Support the development of M&E Plans for IPs through on-going and hands-on technical assistance to IP M&E and management teams, in close coordination with the donor. This support will be in program areas such as democracy and governance, stabilization, agriculture and economic growth, education/human capacity development/youth.
- Coordinate and lead ongoing and user-friendly analysis and presentations of IP results.
- Provide oversight of all verification activities in the field, conducted through DRC Third Party Monitoring agents, to ensure their timely and professional deployment of verifications, as well as the analysis of findings.
- Support the technical development of a web-enabled clearinghouse for donor data collection, integration and reporting activities.
- Supervise and provide technical support to program evaluations and assessment throughout the life of the program.
- Occasionally represent IBTCI in meetings with senior Mission, Embassy and Government officials.
- Otherduties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Technical expertise in the implementation of complex USAID M&E Performance Management Plans, including definition and determination of metrics and methods to best measure results and impact strongly preferred.
- Experience providing technical leadership or support to the development of qualitative and quantitative data collection instruments; field-based, hands-on and long-term M&E implementation experience is preferred.
- Experience on USAID-funded and other donor projects is preferred.
- Superior development analysis and communications skills are needed.
- Experience facilitating and coordinating workshops is desirable.
- Significant experience in similar positions in the DRC strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of demonstrated technical expertise in the development of Monitoring and Evaluation systems and/or performance-based management.
- Proven experience with USAID-funded monitoring and evaluation projects and requirements.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the implementation of complex M&E Performance Management Plans, including definition and determination of metrics and methods to best measure results and impact.
- Oral and written fluency in English and French.
- DRC citizenship
Education: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required within the DRC.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in DRC
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
How to Apply
Please apply for this job online at https://careers-ibtci.icims.c om/jobs/2057/m%26e-specialist%2c-drc/job and please send a copy of updated CV along with 3 contact persons in pdf or Word format to [email protected] by the deadline of January15th, 2020 Kinshasa Time.