SSA-Data Assistant/Information Management, Lubumbashi
- Lubumbashi, Katanga, République démocratique du Congo
- Job category: Informatique
- Post date:17 Nov 2017
- Share job:
SSA-Data Assistant/Information Management – (1703752)
Contractual Arrangement: Individual Service Contractor
Contract duration: 6 months
Job Posting: Nov 17, 2017, 10:51:52 AM
Closing Date: Dec 1, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Congo, The Democratic Republic of the-Kisangani
Other Locations: Congo, The Democratic Republic of the-Lubumbashi, Congo, The Democratic Republic of the-Bukavu, Congo, The Democratic Republic of the-Goma
Organization: AF_COD Democratic Republic of Congo
TITLE: Data Assistant/Information Management (4 POSITIONS)
CONTRACT DURATION: 6 months
DUTIES STATION: WCO/DRC _ Kisangani-Lubumbashi-Goma-Bukavu
TYPES OF CONTRACT: SSA
OBJECTIVES OF THE FUNCTION
The purpose of this position is to support WHO’s Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
Office to support the development and implementation of the information and geographic mapping systems necessary for the collation, tracking and analysis of relevant intelligence and information related to health humanitarian action and emergency risk management.
WHO’s core commitments in emergency response are those actions which the Organization will always deliver and be accountable for during emergencies with public health consequences. This will ensure a more effective and predictable support in preparing for, responding to and recovering from natural disasters, conflict, food insecurity, epidemics, environmental, chemical, food and nuclear incidents, political or economic crises and all other types of emergencies with public health consequences.
In all countries experiencing emergencies, WHO works in support of and in close collaboration with the national and local health authorities to lead a coordinated and effective health sector response together with the national and international community. WHO’s work in emergencies aims to save lives, minimize adverse health effects and preserve dignity, with specific attention to vulnerable and marginalized populations.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the supervision on the WHO Representative and the Health Cluster coordinator (HCC), the incumbent is accountable to the WHO Country Office and specifically their technical/ hierarchical supervisor therein, and will work in collaboration with relevant technical officers and with partners, to provide technical expertise and guidance in the field of data management and geographic information systems, at the local and country level, including provision of expertise and authoritative advice for the collation, analysis and dissemination of data, and the coordination of related activities.
- Aggregate and maintain provincial information from WHO and partners including contact lists, regional 3W, ERF performance monitoring, health indicator data, health situation data, health response data .
- Perform basic spatial analysis operations for use in maps and other reports (such as dashboards, SitReps, etc.)
- Maintain geospatial databases and ensure data quality and integrity through the use of automated and manual techniques to enter, edit and process data sets.
- Provide support and coaching to HCC and partners to collect, collate, manage and analyse health data from all partners relevant to the DRC crisis; provide technical support on the presentation and visualization of results (including mapping).
- Actively participate in inter-agency initiatives, particularly with OCHA, related to information management, seeking to improve information sharing between institutions, to strengthen access to information from other organizations and clusters, and to contribute to inter-sectoral dashboards and reports.
- Contribute to the drafting of all relevant documents including project proposals, appeals, reports, dashboards, etc.
- Participate in any other activity that may be required to strengthen WHO’s capacity to support Health Sector partners in connection with the management of health sector information.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work.
- Essential: – Secondary school Diploma in information management, computer science, or statistics.
- Desirable: – Studies or experience-based knowledge information collection, analysis and presentation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of surveillance and monitoring systems as related to emergency response relief operations, complemented by skills in the field of epidemiological or statistical data collection, assessment, analysis and the evaluation and monitoring in a public health context.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment, while implementing best practices.Ability to communicate and write in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills complemented by ability to motivate others, and to promote consensus.
- Tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- Excellent knowledge of WORD, EXCEL, POWER POINT.
- Excellent knowledge of online data collection applications, statistical analysis packages (R, Stata, SPSS, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of GIS mapping software (or similar).
- Producing results.
- Foresting integration and teamwork.
- Moving forward in a changing environment.
- Communicating in a credible and effective way.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences.
- Essential: – At least 8 years of relevant experience in health information system management – including epidemiological surveillance and HIS (information management in humanitarian emergency situations. At least 3 years of relevant experience in information management in humanitarian emergency situations.
- Desirable: – Experience in information and GIS management for health in humanitarian emergency situations.
Desirable : English
REMUNERATION AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The incumbent will be remunerated at G6 level according to the United. Nations Common system salary scale.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
Applications from women are particularly encouraged.
Cliquez sur le bouton « Postuler en ligne »